Updated as of: September 2020
Clarins Sdn Bhd complies with the good principles provided by the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
2. When do we collect Personal Information?“Personal Information” that we shall collect and process about you will consist of any information which refers to you personally and that may be generated though the above services or website such as but not limited to your name, e-mail address and postal address (as further developed under section 3 hereto). We collect Personal Information from you when you do the following:
- visit the Site;
- register on the Site;
- submit any queries online;
- order goods or services;
- visit any Clarins point of sales (including but, not limited to: department stores counters and Clarins skin spas).
- visit any activity taking place outside a Clarins point of sale whether organized or not by Clarins and/or a third party (Including but not limited to: roadshows, workshops and special events);
- register on our mobile applications.
3. What Personal Information do we collect from you?We collect Personal Information from you including your:
- identification card / passport number;
- postal address;
- phone number;
- e-mail address;
- age and date of birth;
- username and password;
- your skincare concern;
- information provided to us by social networks or mobile applications when you visit our social media platforms (such as your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other related information);
- Payment information (including credit or debit card number or banking account number, expiration date and mobile phone number);
- transaction information (history and record of your purchases, payment information, invoices, after-sale services, etc.);
- any other Personal Information provided by you; and
4. What do we do with your Personal Information?When you give us any Personal Information as indicated above, we use your Personal Information to:
- administer the Site;
- improve your browsing experience;
- enable the use of the services made available on the Site;
- enable the use of the services made available on our mobile applications;
- confirm, process and track your orders for goods and services;
- correspond with you about your orders;
- deliver goods and services that you purchase online;
- provide after-sales services, handle goods returns, recalls;
- send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you;
- administer billing and payment for your purchases;
- comply with any applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies;
- provide you, with your express consent where required by law, with information by e-mail, sms, mms, faxes, phone calls (automated or not), post, or any other communications means, about the latest news or special offers from Clarins which may be of interest to you unless you have opted to be excluded from these communications. You can inform us at any time and for free if you no longer wish to receive such information by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- respond to your submitted queries.
5. Who do we pass your Personal Information to?Your personal information may be disclosed to any company in the Clarins Group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries or third party service providers.
We may share Personal Information collected via the Site with third party service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions in order to help us to operate the Site, mobile applications, process your orders and queries or otherwise manage the customer relationship between you and us.
In addition, in some instances, you may be offered the opportunity to consent to the sharing of your Personal Information with a third party such as an event or promotion co-sponsor. If you consent, we will share your Personal Information with such third party and the Personal Information you provide may be used by such third party for their own purposes and in accordance with their own policies.
We may disclose Personal Information to government bodies and law enforcement agencies, successors in title to our business, or in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, or to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to law enforcement agencies or other government officials in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity or for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk as permitted by law). In this case we will inform you about the disclosure and the entity we disclosed your Personal Information to.
6. Cookies and Web BeaconsWhen you view the Site we may store information on the hard drive of your computer in the form of a "cookie" (essentially a small text file or single GIF). Cookies allow us to tailor the Site to your interests and preferences. For example, a cookie might contain information about the web pages you have visited on the Site, which could allow us to customise your next visit to the Site. However, cookies do not allow us access to the rest of your computer.
In order to analyse the success of our marketing campaigns, we also implement other technologies such as web beacons. We use third-party web beacons to help analyse where visitors go and what they do while visiting our website. Most Internet browsers enable you to delete cookies or to receive a warning before a cookie is stored on your hard drive. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to do this. However, should you decide to disable any cookies we place on your computer you may not be able to use certain services or facilities on the Site.
7. Linking to other websitesThe Site contains hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These websites have their own privacy policies and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of Personal Information you submit whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
8. IP AddressesWe study visitor trends since we are interested in the successful dissemination of information through the Site. Our server creates log files of information such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address from your network, what pages were explored and the length of your visit. Analysis software is used to generate reports which help us to learn more about how we can enhance your experience with the Site. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you. The log files are regularly purged. An IP address is a number designated for your computer by your Internet service provider to provide access to the Internet. Generally, an IP address will change every time your computer connects to the Internet. However, if you have a broadband connection, it is possible that the IP address that we may gather may contain information that may be deemed Personal Information. This could occur due to the fact that by using certain broadband connections, your IP address would not change and could be associated with your personal computer. We may use your IP address to gather aggregate information on use. But we will only be able to identify you individually if we have the means of linking the IP address to you as a particular user. This usually requires access to additional information which we do not seek.
9. Your rights concerning your Personal InformationIn accordance with applicable law, you have the right to request access to the Personal Information that we hold on you, to have any errors in that information corrected, to request that the Personal Information is deleted as well as to object, on request and free of charge, to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
You also may opt out of receiving newsletters by clicking the unsubscribe button on the footer of the newsletter.